Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Snakes In The Classroom!



              My students know alot about me...sometimes too much!

Of course, they know the names of my daughters, dog, my favorite color of the day, etc. They also know that I never take naps, am obsessed interest with funky fonts and clip art, that I will speak with a British accent on Tuesdays, and - most importantly -that I am deathly afraid of snakes!

One of my sweetie scholars has been working so hard and doing such a great job, I wanted to reward him in a way that would be super special to him. I knew he had obtained a snake while on a family vacation to the Canary Islands last week. I reminded him mom that he knew to not bring it to class if he did not want to see his teacher pass out. We all joked about it for a few days and then it struck me -- the best reward of all time -- let Zeke bring his snake to class!

When I told him the great news, he lit up. Sure enough he strolled into class the next day with the snake. The kids had a great time teasing me about it and one fellow classmate said "I don't know what you did but it must have been really good for Mrs. Mitchell to let you bring a snake to school"!

Zeke kept the snake on his desk all day and then wore it to recess and to our library visit. He was the envy of all the school, the pride of his teacher, and the maker of another memorable teaching moment.


                    What unexpected moments did you have this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment